Winderz Auto Update....

Wanna understand E=mc2, English grammer, or maybe just build a computer? We can help!

Moderator: Moderators

BlackRider
Inmate

Winderz Auto Update....

Post by BlackRider »

OK, this is more of a rant than anything... but I usually have Auto Update set to download, but not install updates. This way I can pick through the ones that I think are worthwhile and which ones will just add extra overhead to an already bogged down laptop. However, it seems that winderz will (at random?) change it's own settings back to auto download and auto install! It is extremely annoying because half the time it happens when I am in the middle of something important and I keep getting that "Restart Now" popup every five minutes.
I think it even did it once when I had auto update turned off completely.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Anyone else ever get this, or is my laptop just stupid?
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

I have done something similar for all of my computers, 2 desktops and 1 laptop. None of them change their own settings back to download and install though. But I do get the auto updating popping up asking to install every few minutes if I don't tell it yes or the reboot pop up if I do install it but not ready to reboot.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I keep getting that "Restart Now" popup every five minutes.
I hate that part. When I say NOT NOW I mean NOT NOW.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

yeah, the damn reminder is super annoying. I've had Auto update randomly Dl and install a set of updates once on my, and I have no idea what the updates were for. Knowing MS, it was for the blasted WGA tool, because I just *might* have uninstalled my previous genuine copy of Windows that I paid for for a non-genuine copy because MS trusts no one.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

...because MS trusts no one.
I sure as heck don't trust them. :evil:
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

True enough Gambino...
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10