New Vid Card

Wanna understand E=mc2, English grammer, or maybe just build a computer? We can help!

Moderator: Moderators

Spinning Hat
Inmate

New Vid Card

Post by Spinning Hat »

Ok, so i bought a BFGTech 7950GT OC card, and all indications are, is that it rocks. With 4xAA and 8X Anisotropic filtering, I get 100+fps in WoW, and 85 in BF2. My question is, is if any of you have this card, or something similar, what are your idle temps, and game playing temps? I'm Idling between 45 and 48C, so it's OK, but I was curious if this thing has a history of running warm, or if I need to look at some more cooling in my case...
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Green.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

My Old 6800Ultra had a temp sensor and stuff, and gave actual temps in the Nvidia Control Panel, and this 7 series card does it too.. I figured someone else probably had the same thing too...
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
MegaDeath70
Inmate

Post by MegaDeath70 »

As long as it doesnt reach the threshold temperature under load, you will be just fine. I have had Nvidia cards ever since Geforce 2 series and never had any heat problems.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

That's just the thing - I never did either till my 6800Ultra. Now I guess I might be a tad over sensitive. either way, this card is awesome, and I'm glad I got it. :D
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

Never had any heating concerns other than dust getting in the fan on my geforce 3, until I got my Radeon X1950. ;)

But it's got temperature monitoring software and a throttle on the fan. It's good so far.

I've read that the latest cards do seem to run a bit hot, and they can take slightly higher temperatures than previous generations.
MegaDeath70
Inmate

Post by MegaDeath70 »

I had 2x 7800GT's (Sold) and they never had any heat issues. I now have one of the best card out there GF8 series and not any issues with it either.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

What kind of temps are you getting tho? I'm not saying I have any issues, I just want to know what kind of temp ranges you're seeing, that's all. ;)