It's alive...

Wanna understand E=mc2, English grammer, or maybe just build a computer? We can help!

Moderator: Moderators

Spinning Hat
Inmate

It's alive...

Post by Spinning Hat »

Finally, after weeks of waiting, my video card came back from Leadtek. It doesn't look like they did a damn thing to it. (I had some super sneaky marks on it and they're all the same.) The temps are lower, only about 5 or so degrees C, but then again, the temp is significantly lower down here too, with the temp being around 65 F or so in the basement.... I am OK with the performance of the card so far, but I am very disappointed that Leadtek took 2 weeks to "fix" the card, and then decided to send it to me UPS ground from CA, which takes 2 WEEKS. I'm gonna list this thing on craigslist and get a new card, i think.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
MegaDeath70
Inmate

Post by MegaDeath70 »

I agree "Leadtek" are junk imo. I bought a 5 series Nvidia based card from them and had nothing but troubles with it. I sent it back and purchased a XFX brand card and havent had any problems with my cards since. I have bought around 6-8 cards from them and not one has had any issues.

You may consider them when making your next purchase. I have also used BFG with the same results, but have only purchased several cards from them. Good Luck.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Thanks. he problem I have is, is they're not going to take the card back and give me any cash. However, i may be able to score something different, (If I'm convincing enough) and then I'd sell it and get something else. I won't ever buy Leadtek again, that's for sure, and I'll be sure to let everyone else know too.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10