spanning a video across multiple displays...

Wanna understand E=mc2, English grammer, or maybe just build a computer? We can help!

Moderator: Moderators

BlackRider
Inmate

spanning a video across multiple displays...

Post by BlackRider »

can I get windows media player (or any other player for that matter) to stretch a video across multiple monitors?

I'm running my desktop at 2560x1024 and all of the video on the second monitor comes up blank. I was just wondering if I could get a bigger widescreen movie... get the blank spots on the sides instead of top&bottom.

:)

Oh, if I ran 2 GF6800s on a SLI board, could I get 3840x768? Or does that only work up for dual screens from a single card?
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

ah, dunno.

I do know from my brief attempts at using media player with dual monitors that it only wants to show the video on one or the other, not both, and certainly not streched. Now, I think that may be because it's trying to use some video overlay techniques, and if you switch your video player to software rendering it might work like you want. But I'm not sure that any of the later versions of WMP do software rendering anymore. Just a thought.
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

I believe that unless you are running both monitors on one vid card it will be difficult due to issues with multiple drivers. Just my two cents.