Which Linux distro is right for you?

Wanna understand E=mc2, English grammer, or maybe just build a computer? We can help!

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Which Linux distro is right for you?

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Here's an interesting link I found to a wizard that helps you decide which Linux distribution to try. I cannot vouch for its veracity, but it seemed to work for me - it suggested I try Debian, Ubuntu, or Kubuntu. Many questions have clickable help to explain the terms used in the question.

http://www.zegeniestudios.net/ldc/index.php
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I got those same ones, along with Fedora, Linspire and Xandros. I've been thinking about going to Linux, at least trying it.. I had Mandrake 8.2 installed for a while, but I never could get the Nvidia Linux drivers to work roght, so I never got into it... I have a spare 60Gb HDD in my system that is partitioned.. maybe I'll give it another shot.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Hey, I found an interesting one today with a Win95 skin. I didn't look at the screenshot too closely, but what I saw was close enough to be scary.

Click the pic for the article. I don't know that I like the sounds of the distro (Puppy) too much other than the "built to run from USB-key" aspect.