The Adventures of MortarMan and Dogfight Boy.....

Stories of your exploits - real, embroidered, or just plain made-up.

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Longshot DTM

The Adventures of MortarMan and Dogfight Boy.....

Post by XMEN Longshot DTM »

"Yes, Dogfight Boy, there is Heavy Offense headed this way..." Our square chinned and deep voiced hero comments to his lacky sidekick.<br><br>"Can I fight 'em?! Can I, Boss? I wanna fight 'em, I GOTTA fight 'em!" Dogfight Boy's energetic pleas constantly echo in his own helmet, but MortarMan answers...<br><br>"Yes, go on the offensive and keep them busy. I...I will defend our base using my trusty launcher." The two would-be saviours pose dramatically for a brief moment before the peltast lifts up a, "woohoo!" and ski's toward the enemy! <br><br>The wild and ever charismatic light bounces around his prey, all the while dodging green eggs of death from all around. "I get 'em, boss! I get 'em good!!"<br><br>"Then let's attack the enemy base..." Once again MortarMan poses in front of the flag-stand as it dances in the cold winds of IceRidge behind him.<br><br>"YES!" Dogfight Boy pulls back, and circles his meandering friend. "You gonna launch the mortars, boss? Are ya gonna launch 'em, are ya?"<br><br>"I need some more mortar ammo, Dogfight Boy."<br><br>"OH, yes, I got some right here for ya, Boss. Right Here I got 'em, yes RIGHT HERE!!"<br><br>"Acknowledged. ATTACK!" MortarMan blasts himself into the enemy with a quick hop and large explosion.<br><br>"Never surrender! Never Retreat!!" His shield pack stops him short of his goal, but no avail!! A hill has saved him! Ski'ing quickly down the slopes, our gallant attacker presses upon the enemy.<br><br>"Do I get the flag? Is it clear,I gotta know if its clear, is it clear?"<br><br>"No. Leave everything...to me." Mortar man disk jumps off a hill and into the midst of the enemy's defense!<br><br>"Mines have been cleared...ATTACK!!" Dogfight Boy takes no time at all! Swooping to caress his love, he captures it!<br><br>But no...Amidst their abandoned home, the enemy has struck!<br><br>"Dogfight Boy, get out of here! RUN!!! FIGHT NO ONE!!" MortarMan's courageous effort is rewarded as he falls.<br><br>Meanwhile, Dogfight Boy's thoughts run amok! "Don't fite 'em...Can't fite 'em. Gotta getaway, gotta run! HIDE! I WANNA fight 'em! They're not so tough!! I CAN FIGHT 'EM IF I WANT, I CAN!!!"<br><br>OOC: To Be Continued...WILL DF Boy resist the temptation to attack the enemy?!?!? Will MortarMan be okay?? Will the enemy flag EVER be returned??? STAY TUNED true believers!! <p></p><i></i>
XMEN Longshot DTM

The Origin of MortarMan

Post by XMEN Longshot DTM »

Swimming in a daze of the netherlands, MortarMan flashes back to the moments of his youth....<br><br>"Derek!!" His mother called, "Derek, come home for dinner!!"<br>"But mom! I haven't got a single can in 17 shots with my .22, yet! Can't I eat it later?!?!" Derek Darkstar was never a momma's boy. He liked Western movies, guns, and more Western movies.<br><br>"Someday," his mom thought, "that boy is gonna join the starleague, I know it." She frowns and it steaming dinner and anger swells in her heart. She looks at the picture of her husband, and calls out again, "Get in here right NOW, young man! Or I will color your hide so bad you'll look a fright in front of the whole town!"<br>"Awww, mom..." Derek runs home dejected.<br><br>****FLASH****<br>A new cadet, the future hero looks upon his Herc. "You mean, I won't be in a bigger machine? I thought I was the top of my class..."<br><br>"That's why we're sending your team to the outer rim. These smaller vehicles require our best pilots, and you'll grow into this one. Besides, orders are orders." The old Sarge came to befriend Cdt Darkstar over the 2 year training period, and was straight as an arrow with the new Joe.<br><br>***FLASH***<br><br>Fighting and fighting and fighting commenced as Derek's Regiment was chewed to pieces by quicker armors attacking in unison. Remembering what his old Drill said, Darkstar sets out on a solitary night to acquire one. Coming back from the blackened pit of night, our hero feels something is missing to the new armor...<br><br>The next day.<br><br>"This is what these outlanders are using to take us down. Take a good look. These should be worthless against us, but their skill and accuracy show them the threat they are. Now look closely...See something missing?"<br><br>The entire team stared at the armor in confusion. Derek walks up to his Herc and rips off a chunk of metal. "THEY...Don't have THESE..."<br><br>Standing in light of day, and wielding his mortar gun over his head in Victory, MortarMan was born. "These hefty weapons can be mounted on this big one, we'll fight fire with fire." <br><br>"They untested. Our Hercs have these, what's the difference?" The old gaurd loved their machines.<br><br>"You all walk along in your Hercs, I will fly around in this thing. Then we'll know..." Chiseled and massive, Derek Darkstar had no idea the future of his words.<br><br>***BATTLE***<br><br>A wild eye cast upon the din of battle as explosion after explosion rocked the field. Derek fell in love with his new weapon. "These other arms are nothing!! AHHHAHAHAHAHAH!!" He smacked down on the enemy with such a force and speed that even those quick little bugs were stopping in their tracks at the sight of him!! One of the smaller ones flies through the air after MortarMan's Blast of Evil picks him up and tosses him into the atmosphere like a rag doll.<br><br>Lt. Darkstar was never the same again....<br><br>OOC: Don'tcha hate it when comics do that!! LOL Stay tuned for .... The origins of Dogfight Boy!! Is he gonna cap it? CAN he cap it?!?! <br> <p></p><i></i>