"The Forgotten" pt. 1

Stories of your exploits - real, embroidered, or just plain made-up.

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Temujin

"The Forgotten" pt. 1

Post by XMEN Temujin »

I saw that this forum isn't that big so I am going to be posting a ToB here and at the TPBB's at the same time. Enjoy.<br><br>------------------------------<br>Part 1<br><br>“Daily entry 57 of the Zio’ron sector mapping. Today the same basic thing that has happened for the past 76 days happened again today, nothing. Almost nothing that is though. We did detect a faint energy signal on the 5th planet from the Sun, which we believe to be Beliaz, but it doesn’t fit the description. because Beliaz was a living planet from the last records taken of the sector and this planet is dead. We are on our way to intercept the signal, which is going to take approximately 5 hours. <br>The silence and death of space becomes more apparent with each passing day."<br><br>A lean, but large man with hair and eyes the color of death leaned back in his chair, listening to the hum of the fusion reactions taking place in the engine core, while staring at a plaque on the wall that read "DS Excalibur, Decimator Class, Capt. Nac Yil’ic"<br><br>A small nondisturbing tone interrupted the silence while a voice that seemed to come from all around the room said "Captain Yil’ic"<br><br>The seated man ,without changing his position, answered "What do you want now, Rucip?"<br><br>Rucip Tyred, a young but experienced tatictal officer replied "We are getting better readings now, apparently <br>there is two energy signatures, we are also getting readings of both Diamond Sword and Blood Eagle forged armor. There also is high levels of radioactivity in the atmosphere. There was apparently a huge battle."<br><br>"Any chance of downloading their logs into our database?"<br><br>"Not at this range sir, maybe if we got a little bit closer I may be able to establish a link."<br><br>"Contact me when your are within range, Rucip."<br><br>"Acknowledged sir, Rucip out"<br><br>"He may be young, but he sure is quick with the answers." Yil’ic thought to himself as he planned his schedule for the day. More of the same old routine, check on the hydroponics status, review the fusion core efficiency, make sure that crewmen are kept in line, and that the security detail is in good shape. Then there is the not so wonderful chore of making sure that the warriors wouldn't think twice about giving their lives in battle if needed.<br><br>Yil’ic stood and stretched with great effort as each of his muscles moved from the place that they had been in for such a long period. Suddenly the ship shook with such a jarring force that Yil’ic was thrown 10 feet and landed at the base of his door. <br><br>Immediately he contacted Rucip "What happened?"<br><br>"Sir, according to our readings before the explosion, Fusion generator #3 had a loss of coolant pressure causing the generator to overload. The blast walls surrounding the generators saved us all from a certain painful death."<br><br>"Damage?"<br><br>"8 lives lost in the explosion, and small microfractures in the blastwalls, but not major structural damage."<br><br>"Rucip, how long until we are within range to download the information from their databases"<br><br>"I am not sure right now, I would need to see how much performance we lost when we lost generator #3. Also Captain, I have been running some computer models and I believe that by modifying our comm. systems and routing it through a launched probe we made be able to double our range."<br><br>He is too efficient, Yil’ic thought to himself as he replied "Good job, do it whenever you are ready."<br><br>"Yes sir."<br><br>"Captain, A Butcher ship has just entered the system and is heading to intercept us!"<br><br>"How long until they intercept us, Rucip?" Yil’ic replied while wondering what the Blood Eagle were doing here.<br><br>"They will intercept in about 3 hours, we will be within range to download the logs in 2 and a half hours by new calculations."<br><br>Yil’ic, slightly annoyed, replied "Those went quick, get ready to do a quick download so we can lock down for battle."<br><br>"No problem, sir"<br><br>"I'm heading for the command center now, expect me in a few minutes. Yil’ic out."<br>----------------------------------------------<br> <p></p><i></i>