Sebring International Raceway

Non-'puter stuff. Photography, hot rods, or tropical fish for example

Moderator: Moderators

BlackRider
Inmate

Sebring International Raceway

Post by BlackRider »

I'm still a little tired... yesterday my brother and I drove 18 hours, stopping only for gas and for a 15 min lunch break... but we made it out to the track today to catch some practice, quali, and even a race. I didn't take many pictures today... I'll have to make up for it tomorrow and Saturday.

*edit* I batch processed a few of my favorites w/ auto levels, some came out better, others worse... but due to limited webspace I removed the old pictures so I can post these.
#s 21-23
And we hit 88.8 MPH!!!!!!
#24 - Panning racecars on bulb, in the dark, is a lot of fun!
Last edited by BlackRider on Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

You're getting really good at that panning shot.

I like the colors, but it looks like the saturation isn't quite even across this series. No rule says it has to be, and it's not much variation I guess, but noticeable. Maybe a levels tweak on some.

If that orange car (Lambo?) was yours, would you want to park it on the grass? :)
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

You caught me on the saturation. Some I tweaked, some I did not... I'm waiting until I get home before I do any serious PP.

Will post more tonight. 8)
XMENPorsche
Inmate

Post by XMENPorsche »

I'll echo Gambit's comments. It wasn't all that long ago that your panning shots were very soft. You've come a LONG way in a short time. Very good work. Now, just get a bit more consistent on the color adjustments and you'll be golden.
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

Thanks again for the comments guys! I really love panning shots. (4th one down is at 1/30s!) I've found my 70-200 to be MUCH sharper than my 75-300, and the IS (mode 2 on the lens) really helps with panning. (In mode 2 it only stabilizes against vertical movement.)

Here's a few more from today: (in no particular order)

*edit* all pics in 1st post
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

I'm guessing that for picture 15 to 20 that the glow in the wheel wells are the brakes.
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

Yep... the brakes get a little warm. ;)