A bird in flight!

Non-'puter stuff. Photography, hot rods, or tropical fish for example

Moderator: Moderators

BlackRider
Inmate

A bird in flight!

Post by BlackRider »

I always wanted to get a shot like this... and now I have four!

I'm also putting these on TPF... because I have no idea what kind of bird this is... I can't tell a finch from a sparrow. :roll:

Since I still do not have my desktop put together... if anyone wants to apply some photoshop magic, feel free. ;)
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

BR, are those cropped shots? Can I see them uncropped? I've got some of seaguklls in flight from my Duluth trip, and wanted to see how close you got. Great shots, BTW. here's one of mine I really like, uncropped.

"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

This is with the cheapo 75-300mm F/4-5.6 @ 300mm. I got fairly close... but taking these shots has convinced me that instead of upgrading my desktop I'll be buying Canon's 100-400mm F/4-5.6L IS USM lense and a 1.4x TC (I know I may lose AF, but IMO 560mm (896mm effective!) is worth no AF and max aperture of F/8... by the time I can afford it it'll be spring and bright & sunny. ;)