Found Whitey the albino squirrel today!

Non-'puter stuff. Photography, hot rods, or tropical fish for example

Moderator: Moderators

BlackRider
Inmate

Found Whitey the albino squirrel today!

Post by BlackRider »

I think that's what he's called... though this might be Whitey 2... as the first albino squirrel was killed by a hawk last quarter.

So, Whitey 2:
ImageImage
ImageImage

I need to work on WB when I get home, but what'cha think?
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

he looks like a bushy rat! but it is very odd to see a squirrel active in January...
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

The Squirrels are still active this time of year at OSU, even though there aren't as many running around with their heads chopped off. Most have put up for the winter but there are still more out there begging for food from students or scavenging.

Nice pics. Hope you get more of the creatures on campus and post them here.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Spinning Hat wrote:he looks like a bushy rat! but it is very odd to see a squirrel active in January...
Thought all squirrels looked like bushy rats? ;)
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

true.. They are cousins after all.. But the Albino looks more so than regular squirrels.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

Saw you picture on the school paper today. I don't normally read the paper, not did I today, but I remember seeing the shot here first.
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

yeah, I can't believe that the stupid squirrel went on the front page... you'd think they'd have something more important for that. :roll:
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

LOL, you would think but he is an Icon on campus. You would be surprised how many people come just to see him as albino squirrels are rare. This campus has had at least one albino squirrel for over a decade to my understanding which could be wrong.