Is it my doom to never have my camera ready???

Non-'puter stuff. Photography, hot rods, or tropical fish for example

Moderator: Moderators

BlackRider
Inmate

Is it my doom to never have my camera ready???

Post by BlackRider »

Walking to class this morning w/ my camera in its bag at my side, a hawk strikes some small bird and doesn't just fly 6' in front of me... but it floats by 6' in front at eye level DISPLAYING ITS KILL!!! No time at all to pull out the camera. :'(
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Man, that would have made for an awesome photo.. Maybe you need to get a pocket Camera BR.. Just a small point and Shoot for quick stuff like that? You wouldn't have the control over the shot as much, but at least you'd get it.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

Dang, where on campus were you? I haven't seen anything like that here before. Would have been cool to catch on film though.
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

Walking infront of the football stadium. There have been a number of South Oval squirrel killings in the last couple months though. Hawks are getting brave... or hungry.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I can sympathize. But you'd have had the better catch!

I usually haul my camera to work with me every day. Well, I haven't got going again since I started back from vacation, and wouldn't you know that both the sunrise and sunset today (which I see driving to/from work) were absolutely gorgeous! I took a few quick shots with my cell phone but a RAZR isn't exactly known for clarity and depth of color.