Back to da MX track today

Non-'puter stuff. Photography, hot rods, or tropical fish for example

Moderator: Moderators

XMENPorsche
Inmate

Back to da MX track today

Post by XMENPorsche »

Had a total BLAST shooting at Village Creek today. Headed out back of the track with my buddy, Aaron Remkus, and his girlfriend Rebecca. Gambit was along shooting some MX for the first time. Aaron and a few other riders were putting on quite a show doing some jumps, and then cutting in a new route. They got down into some soft dirt and were really kicking it up. Here are a few from today's effort:

Here you can see Bec just a few feet away from where the riders were jumping. She was using Aaron's Mark II with a wide angle lens.

It seems that Aaron could not resist hopping off the bike and snapping a few for himself.

Finally, I couldn't resist this shot of Bec.... (hope she doesn't kill me when she sees this)

As always, C&C are appreciated.
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

I really love #1, but 5&6 are just........ wow! If I had to pick one of those two I'd go with 5 as the rider isn't hiding behind the bike quite so much.
XMENPorsche
Inmate

Post by XMENPorsche »

Personally I like #6 better. I like the way her hair is blowing, in addition to all the other elements of the image.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I'm woth Porsche, 36 is the better image, much more action to the shot. The POV is great too, as it looks like she could reach out and touch him. Very cool!
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

She could - they were about that close. Here's some of mine:

XMENPorsche
Inmate

Post by XMENPorsche »

Nice work, Gambino! Love the rooster at the top of the hill. Awesome capture! Love the silhouette, too. I meant to get one of those but totally forgot.

Thanks for the responses! It was a blast today. Here are a few more...

Let's talk about filling the frame here..... I don't think anyone could complain about "wasted pixels". These first two are totally uncropped. MAN but we got close today.

70-200 @ 70mm

50mm

These next two were my first attempts at using fill flash. Both taken with my 50.

These next two were a couple panning shots that I did. I like them, but I think that panning shots work better when the rider is on the ground. Oh, well....

I just like the angle on this last one. A bit unusual.
XMENPorsche
Inmate

Post by XMENPorsche »

XMENPorsche wrote:Image
Just found out that there's a chance that this image might be published in a national motocross mag. That would be a first for me. Got my fingers crossed.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

That would be awesome! Truly some great pics.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Sweet! Congratulations in advance. :) I can't help but be reminded of that conversation we had there about sense of motion...

BTW, I like the look of your new copyright notice.
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

Feels great to get published! (I love it... even though it's just a little school paper... still great to see your photos in a publication.)