Homecoming

Non-'puter stuff. Photography, hot rods, or tropical fish for example

Moderator: Moderators

XMENPorsche
Inmate

Homecoming

Post by XMENPorsche »

There's a bronze statue on Main Street in Grapevine, Texas in front of a train station. I did some shooting around there last August and finally got around to going back and playing with some of these older photos.

I thought this one would convert well to B&W. I like the tenderness that the statue conveys and I hope I did it justice here. C&C always appreciated.

Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I like it. I think it would look pretty good Sepia toned as well, but it always helps to start with a good piece of art. The woman's eyes really give the photo a sense of intimacy, and the joy and relief of a true homecoming. When i first looked at this, I thought it would have been better to see more of both figures, but as my eyes wandered over the image, her eyes caught mine, and that's when it really struck a chord.

I'm always amazed at how everyday things like this can turn out to be such great art. :D

BTW - did that vineyard logo you did ever come to anything? Was it a vineyard, or Produce market? I can't remember..
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I like the treatment. B&W, vignette, etc..
XMENPorsche
Inmate

Post by XMENPorsche »

Hat and Gambit - thank you both very much for the critique.

As for the vineyard thing, believe it or not I'm still working on that. I've done several images at that winery and I'm in the process of trying to put something together that I can market to them. To be honest, one of the things holding me back is that I cannot find a simple wine bottle holder that holds ONLY one bottle of wine. I can find plenty that hold a single bottle, but they are all way more ornate than I want. When I complete this little project of mine I'll post the images here.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I actually thought he meant that farmer's market collage with all the produce. Were you going to take that one back there and give/sell it to them, or something?