Went to Six Flags yesterday

Non-'puter stuff. Photography, hot rods, or tropical fish for example

Moderator: Moderators

XMENPorsche
Inmate

Went to Six Flags yesterday

Post by XMENPorsche »

I was at Six Flags yesterday and spent a few moments watching their glass sculptor. I could watch this guy all day long. He was making a dragon while I was watching. The overall image is a tad soft. I think I was wide open at something like f/2.8 or so with my 70-200, and I was about 7' away which gave me a DOF of inches. Still, I like the way that the glass and the flame interact and the overall color.

Another shot from my day at Six Flags. I love looking for repeating patterns and trying to do something creative by managing DOF. I saw these bears at one of the games and had to try and do something with them. Plus, I kind of like the positioning of this particular bear.

Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Very nice man. I love the color of the Dragon. The flame and the glass give it something very unique.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMENPorsche
Inmate

Post by XMENPorsche »

Thanks, Hat. I played with it a bit in PS and gave the glass blower a printed 8x10 copy of it. His reaction made it well worth the effort. Here's what the final image looks like:

In case no one remembers, I did the image below of this same glass blower about 1 year ago. Again, his reaction was very cool.

Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Very, very cool. I'm sure when people will see that new image, he'll beam with pride that it's his work. :D
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10