Pictures from the 2007 Gathering of Mustangs & Legends

Non-'puter stuff. Photography, hot rods, or tropical fish for example

Moderator: Moderators

BlackRider
Inmate

Pictures from the 2007 Gathering of Mustangs & Legends

Post by BlackRider »

...including a shot of something that may never be seen again, a 51 of P-51s!

XMENPorsche
Inmate

Post by XMENPorsche »

Wow! I mean it - wow! Very nice work, BR. Must have been something to see, and you did a great job of capturing it.
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

Thanks Porsche! That means a lot to me.

It was definately something to see. Well over ONE HUNDRED P-51s were present. Everything present flew in. There were no museum type static displays. The P-51s were lined up farther than the eye could see... well, ok.... not quite that far, but it was at the very least 1/2 a mile from end to end of P-51s.

What's funny is that I thought 8GB of CF cards would be enough... boy was I wrong! Two hours into what was about a seven hour airshow, I was down to about 280 shots left (of the 1155 I took that day). So I reserved a 1GB card for the t-birds (148 pics) and the remaining pics for the last two hours of show. At several points I was even racing through all the previews deleting any obvious horrible shots to make room for more. Except that I was taking them much faster than I could filter through them. So by the end of the day I had 1155 pictures to sort through and a not quite dead camera battery.

Now it's time to see the quality of prints I can get out of 8MP. I've got an 8x10 and a full 8x12 on order through Cord Camera... I am much tempted to try something poster-size for one or two pictures.

Oh! Almost forgot! There was a B-2 fly-by as well! Only the second time I've ever seen one of those. Heck, I've seen more F-117s than B-2s.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I have to agree with Porsche. I like. :)