Fruit of the Vine

Non-'puter stuff. Photography, hot rods, or tropical fish for example

Moderator: Moderators

XMENPorsche
Inmate

Fruit of the Vine

Post by XMENPorsche »

Here's a couple of shots that I did tonight at the Delaney Vineyards in Grapevine, Texas. Went out there at sunset to try and catch that golden color on the fruit. I also used Pocket Wizards to give me a bit of off-camera fill. Thoughts?

AhamkarA DTM

Post by AhamkarA DTM »

Those Colors are Amazing!!!!
XMENPorsche
Inmate

Post by XMENPorsche »

Thanks! This is pretty close to how they came out of the camera, but I did bump the saturation a bit in post processing. I like the rich effect on the images.
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

mmmmmmmmmmm........ I could eat those right off the screen.

Looks really good.
Defiance.enD

Post by Defiance.enD »

Love the first image.

The second seems to have conflicting light. I might suggest that next time you try using a reflector to get that same golden light on the subject. I carry a small folding 12" silver/gold reflector in my bag for just such occasions.

Otherwise, their both very good images. ;)
Defiance.enD
aka TxCowboy[DTM]
http://www.vancewhitephotography.com
XMENPorsche
Inmate

Post by XMENPorsche »

I had my reflector with me, but I left it in the car. As quickly as the sun sets I was afraid to go get it for fear of missing the shot. Instead, I chose to use the Pocket Wizards (love those things!).

The first one is going to be printed 20x30 on metallic paper. Should make for a nice print.
Defiance.enD

Post by Defiance.enD »

Yeah, I hate it when I need something, and for one reason or another it's left behind. :(

I think you did really well though, my critique was more of a suggestion for the next time. ;)
Defiance.enD
aka TxCowboy[DTM]
http://www.vancewhitephotography.com
XMENPorsche
Inmate

Post by XMENPorsche »

I went back after reading your suggestion. Couldn't make it work with the reflector. Tried, but just couldn't get the reflector in the right place with respect to the sun to bounce the kind of light that I wanted.

I changed my mind on printing this on metallic paper. I removed the sun flare in PS and I'm having this done as a 24x36 on canvase. It'll be hung in our dining room.