ps4

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

Atheist
Inmate

ps4

Post by Atheist »

Hey guys,

This might be premature but I picked up the ps4 and battlefield 4. If any one wants to friend me, I'm Atheist_60.

:)
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

gonna get BF4 on PC, sorry! :D
Sharpster
Inmate

Post by Sharpster »

How do you like the PS4 so far? That's the console I'm leaning towards getting. PS3 had ridiculously long load times, did they fix that?
Atheist
Inmate

Post by Atheist »

Sharpster,

I'm not sure if they've improved it from the ps3 as I'm an xbox 360 migrant. But it's faster than the x360.

I had no interest in the kinect so for me the choice was interesting. Not to mention, it seemed to be aimed at gamers instead of aiming at everyone so I figured they'd get it right in the long run.

All things said and done I'm happy with the purchase. I needed a 3D blu-ray player and this fits the bill for that too. My only bummer is that it doesn't stream spotify. But other than that I'm pretty happy. Also, PSN+ gives you more bang for the buck than Microsoft's Gold thingy - I've already gotten three free games just for being connected to PSN +.

Regardless, I'm still primarily a PC gamer, but I have a lot of console gamer friends.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

The PS4 will attempt to pre-download those annoying patches in the background. So you still get them, but they are a little less annoying.

Per the ArsTechnica review I read.
Last edited by XMEN Gambit on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sharpster
Inmate

Post by Sharpster »

@Gambit - Ahh thanks, that was another concern.

@Atheist - If it's faster then the 360 they definitely improved it. I have both the PS3 and 360. After the PS3 loading screens became to much to handle, I bought the 360 used and never went back. I am not interested in the kinect or that the xbox is "always listening" (call it paranoia). Those 2 things were the final push toward PS4. And not to mention that it seemed like a more powerful machine anyway. Hopefully my better half can secure me one on her Black Friday adventures. :lol:
Gryphon
Inmate

Post by Gryphon »

Stang and I chose Xbox One, add me Ghryphon and Stanglicious.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

Remember with Kinect, you can play SIMS: X-rated.

just sayin'...
Gryphon
Inmate

Post by Gryphon »

I have the original Kinect, already done that :)