My family has joined the homeowners club

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

My family has joined the homeowners club

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

It's an elite club, right? Does it come with the customary banana-hammock? Or is it just mankinis for fat guys? I've seen some moobs in my day, let me tell you!

Anyways... my wife and I found a house, and the sale finally closed today. After our loan officer went on vacation (yes, vacation!) and didn't have our file ready for closing like it should have been two weeks ago, and once the paperwork was ready I had to fight the DoD automated personnel information system to send my lender a verification of employment, AND the UPS-overnight-truck ended up driving to Portland with our paperwork instead of Tukwila (near seattle) where our lender's offices are, AND fighting with my lender and calling them out on the fact that they screwed up our closing date in order to pressure them to transmit the funds to escrow.... after all that, we now have keys to our house. It's a good feeling.

Our agent was amazing... truly on our side throughout this whole mess. (Redfin is awesome... highly recommended.)

And we're finding that moving approximately three blocks doesn't mean that we can still get cable tv or high speed internet... lol. Still too rural out in the suburbs of Silverdale, I suppose... Anyways, going dark for about a week. Got service ordered through wave broadband... either that or wireless broadband (4G), or satellite. Heh. Even the satellite providers say you can't play games on their system. But we're going with direct tv.
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Congrats Bud!!! Nice! Now prepare for maintenance and mowing the yard. :)
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Woohoo!! Congrats.

We're supposed to close on ours Monday, but I've owned before.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Congrats on the new house! I know all about the issues with buying and how terribly wrong things can be.. I bought our new place last October, and we finally closed on the house the wife bought before we were married.. What a mess that was.. But hey - Once the house closes and the keys are in your hand, it's all worth it.

Congrats!

You too Gambino. Buying a home isn't as common as it once was, even if you have owned before..
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Thanks. Closed today!
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

Sweet! Back online today.

Lots of unpacking to do, but got the essentials done: house, electricity, food, water, natural gas, and internet. :D

My middle son keeps crying and asking me to mow the lawn, and I won't do it until my furlough day on Friday. It's kind of funny.