Life.

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Life.

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Life is a little busy right now.

I was given three major things to do at work this year. The first I completed at the end of August. The second is our annual disaster recovery test, this weekend. The third is a big server migration which is supposed to happen mid-October but at this point it looks like the hardware is not going to be ready in time - it's already a week overdue. On top of these things, I and my fiancee have scheduled our wedding for Oct 20. So there will be moving and other interesting things going on next month.

Whee! Certainly a more pleasant year than last.
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

HOLY CRAP!!! a wedding you say??? Congrats! :)
Toltec

Post by Toltec »

Congrats Gambit.
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Toltec!!!! Where you been man??? Good to see you!
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

whoa!
FaLLGuY
Inmate

Post by FaLLGuY »

Congrats! :shock:
Nilk
Inmate

Post by Nilk »

congrats! And I see we have officially discovered what needs to be said to trigger a post from toltec(or at least the flag is one of the words in Gambit's post)
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Congrats Gambit! I know all too well the busy feeling..

I have started work as a Pampered Chef Consultant on the side for some extra cash, and wanted to share my websit with you guys in case you need anything for your kitchen, or the wife's birthday or something:

www.pamperedchef.biz/ianeats

When it asks for you to enter in a hosts' name, just use Ian and you'll get me. I've got a show open right now till Tuesday evening when those orders go in. Once I hit my sales goal, it will be open for individual web orders not tied to a show.. Little dumb, IMO, but that's the carrot to get you to seel when you start.. Otherwise, I can always do an individual order via Email or whatever, and I can take cash, (In person) or check by mail or Credit Card. Take a look, and let me know what you think!

Congrats again Gambit, didn't mean to hijack this thing. :)
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Thanks, all.

Hat, I have seen your Pampered Chef stuff on FB - I won't make your party this weekend. :)

And good to see you, Toltec!
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

Wow! Congrats, Gambit. (I know I'm a bit late, but still wanted to offer my congratulations. :) )

And Toltec?? Wow! Talk about a blast from the past!

So.... if I announced that AmbushBug and I were gettin hitched in Vegas, would that bring other folks out of hiding as well?
Nilk
Inmate

Post by Nilk »

it'll help us narrow down the trigger word for walk-ons
Atheist
Inmate

Post by Atheist »

Congrats buddy! :D
Nilk
Inmate

Post by Nilk »

atheist doesn't count, and I don't really think he was congratulating you guys(asha and bug)
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I think I'd make the trip to Vegas to see that particular wedding.. Will your wives be Bridesmaids? LOL
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
Toltec

Post by Toltec »

I drop in every few months and read the posts. I have been married 9 years now, and I have 3 kids (2 boys, 6 and 4; and a 4 month old daughter). Still hate my job and still wish I had done something with computers. Such is life.