Anyone here have trouble keeping up with folks ranked

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Anyone here have trouble keeping up with folks ranked

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

"Fusor" or "Immortal"?

If they have that rank and are sniping, it's usually a losing situation for me. If they aren't sniping (usually capping or LD) then I can keep up. But MAN! some people can just snipe!

BTW, how do you get an "Immortal" rank?
Jester
Inmate

Post by Jester »

i think that is 5000, or 500 recruit a friends.
Hot Damn
Inmate

Post by Hot Damn »

A good sniper (no matter the rank) left unmolested can absolutely shut down the cappers on almost any map. Usually this means you (cause it's a pub and no one will listen to instruction) will have to go LO and harass the sniper to keep him from getting so many clean shots. Disc spam is your friend here. Countersniping is also a good tactic as the other sniper is usually standing still a lot.
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Yeah, I been hating on snipers lately. I will hunt them down or I will countersnipe to keep them looking around instead of covering the flag. I think they are a bit overpowered right now.

I went so far tonight to say in a game "I will be glad when all the noobs in the game learn to play well enough to quit sniping." Pissed the snipers off. :)
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

XMEN Iceman wrote:Yeah, I been hating on snipers lately. I will hunt them down or I will countersnipe to keep them looking around instead of covering the flag. I think they are a bit overpowered right now.

I went so far tonight to say in a game "I will be glad when all the noobs in the game learn to play well enough to quit sniping." Pissed the snipers off. :)
Theyre also hitscan weapons, so theyre really easy to write aimbots for.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

Well... I've learned to not go as fast capping in order to juke and dodge whatever is coming up behind me. Works about 70% of the time with lots of snipers. Though some are either really good or have good "aim", and they usually hit me after a shot or two.

HiRez should try a "out of bullets" day or something, where the only weapons that can be used are spinfusors.

I still miss being able to carry more than two weapons, but I see why HiRez did it the way they did.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

XMEN Ashaman DTM wrote:I still miss being able to carry more than two weapons, but I see why HiRez did it the way they did.
Yup. ---> $$$$
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

XMEN Gambit wrote:
XMEN Ashaman DTM wrote:I still miss being able to carry more than two weapons, but I see why HiRez did it the way they did.
Yup. ---> $$$$
I can see the $ angle easily, but carrying 4 weapons on the heavy was a pain in the ass when I only needed 3 weapons at most. (Mortar, Missile Launcher, Spinfusor)