What I did for summer

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

Nilk
Inmate

What I did for summer

Post by Nilk »

Ha! Managed to fit a move in there too, but it required me to have my office in my bedroom rather than living room. This means that I get less time with my daughter, unless I play xbox in the living room.... Soooo I've chosen kinect and my 3y/o, lol.
    XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

You're a good dad :)
    XMEN Ashaman DTM
    Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

Yes.

By the way, I'm home today with the boys (wife saw a concert last night with her mom in Seattle), and now that I see someone else does the Kinect thing with their toddler/preschooler, how does it go for you guys?

We've been thinking of a Wii, but only when the oldest is a bit older (5 or so). A xbox with kinect isn't something we've thought about yet.

My oldest son can literally bounce off the walls if we let him get too worked up too. Would kinect track that? (hehe. it's true though.)
    Nilk
    Inmate

Post by Nilk »

Dance central picks her up ok. Ours is over the tv, so set up took some calibration, but she has fun with it.
    Spinning Hat
    Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

We do the Wii fit with our 3 year old. He's taken a little bit to get some of the balance games and the cardio stuff, but he's really taken to it, and asks to play every day now.
    "Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
    "Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
    "Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
    XMEN Ashaman DTM
    Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

Hmm. Now we've got some thinking to do. Thanks, guys. :)
    Spinning Hat
    Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I was at Target on Saturday and saw a Wii Fit type game especially for kids. It has Nickelodeon characters and stuff in it, looks pretty cool. Was on sale for $18. I'd give it a look Matt.

**EDIT**
    Here is the Gamestop link to the game:
    http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/nicke ... uctDetails
    **/EDIT**
    "Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
    "Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
    "Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10