Heading to DC for a week on Monday and twisted my knee

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Heading to DC for a week on Monday and twisted my knee

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

Yep. Did the knee last weekend, and it's still a bit tender.

But the big news is that for a couple of days this week, I will be staying in Crystal City, VA (just across the river from DC proper). I'm there on business, but I plan on seeing if my laptop can handle the new patch! (Probably not. :D )

As for the knee... I'll hang in there. Was hurting like crazy last weekend, but now it's almost to where I can walk on it without crutches.

If you haven't noticed me being in game this week, it's because of having to keep my knee elevated and iced. :(
Jester
Inmate

Post by Jester »

play the game then feel the pain!
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Dang I wish I were at the SEC this week in DC. I would meet ya for dinner. Oh Well.

David
Detox.enD

Post by Detox.enD »

How mobile are you? We should meet up. Might need you to go 15 minutes west though. Inside the beltway sucks.

How many days are you here?
-detox-
t1: .enD | DTM | XMEN
t2: .enD | DTM | XMEN
t:V: i$
BF2: cRucial | www.team-crucial.com
t:A: ?
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Well... I'm here till Friday morning.

My knee did okay on the flight out, but I kind of crashed when I got to the hotel. Too little elevation I guess.

I have to go over to the Navy Yard tomorrow, so we'll see how it holds up with a decent walk. If it's great, then I think I have Thursday night free; although since I didn't get a rental car, I'm stuck using taxis (metro requires too much walking).
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Oh and my wife nicknamed me gimpy.

Of course, she's kind of tough when it comes to "owies". I love her. :D
Detox.enD

Post by Detox.enD »

It's best you stay away from metro.

If you value your life that is.

Cause they're likely to snatch it from you in some incredibly incompentent accident.

I'll check back tomorrow evening. I may be able to swing something thursday night. I'm taking 4 classes this semester plus working full time as a sys admin...

I keep thinking i'll have a night free in a few days, then that night comes and I'm slammed busy on my couch with my laptop open fixing/installing something.
-detox-
t1: .enD | DTM | XMEN
t2: .enD | DTM | XMEN
t:V: i$
BF2: cRucial | www.team-crucial.com
t:A: ?
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Detox.enD wrote:I keep thinking i'll have a night free in a few days, then that night comes and I'm slammed busy on my couch with my laptop open fixing/installing something.
Ah, life in IT.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

They seem to do okay on the metro runs that go to the pentagon or near the navy yard.

But I took a cab. Was easiest.

Then I found out the hotel has a shuttle that would have dropped me off right in front of the building I had to be at on the Navy Yard. Instead, the cab couldn't get on post and I had to hobble the 1/4 mile or so.

Of course, I went about 3/4 of a mile to an afterwork social at a restaurant nearby (10 DC blocks away). It was worth it to see some of my Navy counterparts get totally hammered, and then talk about hitting up another place. By the way, most of the folks there were still on west coast time, so we started the ah... beverages earlier than most of us were used to.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Well. It's official. After an MRI, the doc confirmed that I tore my ACL in my right knee. Surgery is possible, and we'll see how I do with physical therapy.

I'll tell you what: don't step on anything in a funny way. Even flat ground.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Sorry to hear that! Here's hoping for a swift recovery.
XMEN Ashaman DTM wrote:I'll tell you what: don't step on anything in a funny way. Even flat ground.
Truth.