Looking for some experienced Software packagers for SCCM

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Iceman

Looking for some experienced Software packagers for SCCM

Post by XMEN Iceman »

I need some people that are experienced in packaging software installations for SCCM deployments. We have some big contracts with the SEC and FDIC that we need to package like 200 custom apps of theirs for unattended installs under Windows 7.

So let me know if you have any experience. The jobs will require you to undergo a security check and you may have to go to Washington, DC for the duration of the contract.
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

Experience? No unfortunately. I can download and play with it for free though, thanks to my MSDNAA membership through DeVry.
Nilk
Inmate

Post by Nilk »

a+ software in march :P only hardware and LAN right now(at some point I'll actually post a full update, but just not emotionally ready to right now(yup, i'm mooshy right now))
Detox.enD

Post by Detox.enD »

I currently work as an IT consultant (systems admin) and have 5 years experience managing windows sytems. I've played with SCCM a bit, but for the most part build custom pagages to push out through group policy (most of our clients are too small for sccm). i've just started playing with building those packages in SCUP and using the opensource local update publisher to push them out through WSUS.

My boss and I live 45 minutes outside DC. He's got about 10 years experience, and consults for some larger companies (90k+ employees). He's been training me for the lastt 5 years. If i'm not a fit, he certainly could be. Very bright guy who works very hard. Wish i was half as smart as him :(

So if you're interested in talking to me about it let me know. I'm really curious if it's a full-time contractor position or something a consultant could do.
-detox-
t1: .enD | DTM | XMEN
t2: .enD | DTM | XMEN
t:V: i$
BF2: cRucial | www.team-crucial.com
t:A: ?
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Detox...send me your resume'. I will talk with my boss.

If I head to DC in the next few weeks let's get together.

:)
Detox.enD

Post by Detox.enD »

We should do that. It'll be an interesting conversation with my wife,

'so honey... yeah this guy i used to play video games with... i saw him the other day and we're going to get a beer....'

lol.

but yeah, back on topic. Resume, hrm that thing needs some updating :)

I need to make it clear that even if I fit what you need, i'm not interested in leaving my current job (not yet at least) so I couldn't commit to fulltime work. My ability to be on site may also not be what you need.

I'll send you something on Saturday and we'll see if it makes sense for both of us to continue the conversation :)
-detox-
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Detox.enD wrote:We should do that. It'll be an interesting conversation with my wife,

'so honey... yeah this guy i used to play video games with... i saw him the other day and we're going to get a beer....'

lol.
What do you mean? Sounds perfectly normal to us here. :) Remember we hosted those LAN parties and folks literally came from across the country. I'm sure THOSE guys had "interesting conversations..." with their wives/parents.
Nilk
Inmate

Post by Nilk »

a couple of my bf3 teammates live local. I've even been over to ones house for football, bbq, and beer. wife thought it was cool.
Detox.enD

Post by Detox.enD »

XMEN Gambit wrote:What do you mean? Sounds perfectly normal to us here. :) Remember we hosted those LAN parties and folks literally came from across the country. I'm sure THOSE guys had "interesting conversations..." with their wives/parents.
:o

last lan i went to was TW east. well before i met my wife.

she'd have no problem with it, she'd laugh at me for being a dork.

i'm 26 years old and still play video games. i'm also a sys admin. i am a dork :shrug:
-detox-
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Yeah, my wife has met Ambush Bug and Mrs Bug, so for her it'd be nothing new. Ice, did you come to MN and not say anything else, or did you get a cooler project?
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Valspar is still reviewing the contract. I was supposed to be undergoing a security interview this week to work at the SEC in Washington,DC, but they have not contacted as promised this week. Right now I am in Dallas working on a project for Xerox and doing phone support for SeaWorld. Kinda crazy month so far...
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

Sounds fun. I picked up another 1 week rollout contract for the local BASF plant. Spent 8 hours yesterday unboxing and staging just the new PCs for Monday and Tuesday of a SMALL plant.

A couple of new contracts have openned up in Houston too. I'm trying to get in on one of those.