Holy Crap...have you seen the Battlefield 3 videos??

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

I've been a battlefield fan for quite some time, and i've been following BF3.

I'm mostly worried that the failures of bad-company 2 will end up ported over to BF3.

In BF2, if I was rocketed, I could feel proud, it actually took some serious skill to kill people on foot with those things, but in Bad Company 2 everybody's got a n00b-tube.

Also, bad company 2 at least follows the inverse sniper law. The more snipers on your team, the less chance you have at winning.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Starmage21 wrote:Also, bad company 2 at least follows the inverse sniper law. The more snipers on your team, the less chance you have at winning.
I first read that last word as "whining." And wondered why you'd said "less." :)
FaLLGuY
Inmate

Post by FaLLGuY »

BC2 I enjoy it......... BF3 looks awesome. I will be playing for sure. 8)
Jester
Inmate

Post by Jester »

going to need a brand new pc for it.
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

I think my dual HD 5850s will be able to handle it just fine.
Gryphon
Inmate

Post by Gryphon »

Getting it for Xbox along with other ATF
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

EWWWWWW consoles!

FPS + Game Controller FTL

FPS + Mouse + Keyboard = WIN
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

But it can be played as third-person, which suits consoles. Not my preference, but...
Gryphon
Inmate

Post by Gryphon »

I don't know anything about playing in third person making it better on consoles, I wouldn't choose third person play on a console as a choice. I do think that FPS on PC's is better twitch wise, however I have grown to appreciate consoles more lately. They are much more balanced, everyone is on the same playing field, everybody has the same hardware, same rate of axis changes, unlikely to run into cheats, etc. It is also much more fun and comfortable playing with surround sound on a 55" screen from my couch. The ease of jumping in and out of games/tv and joining friends and comms is much easier.

I'm into playing with friends, if I could rely on playing with friends easily and in abundant numbers like the old Tribes days, I will get a FPS on the PC, but for me, most everybody has been on Xbox. Like Bad Company 2, I think 2 friends were regularly playing it on PC while there were a dozen playing on Xbox.
FaLLGuY
Inmate

Post by FaLLGuY »

Gryphon wrote:I don't know anything about playing in third person making it better on consoles, I wouldn't choose third person play on a console as a choice. I do think that FPS on PC's is better twitch wise, however I have grown to appreciate consoles more lately. They are much more balanced, everyone is on the same playing field, everybody has the same hardware, same rate of axis changes, unlikely to run into cheats, etc. It is also much more fun and comfortable playing with surround sound on a 55" screen from my couch. The ease of jumping in and out of games/tv and joining friends and comms is much easier.

I'm into playing with friends, if I could rely on playing with friends easily and in abundant numbers like the old Tribes days, I will get a FPS on the PC, but for me, most everybody has been on Xbox. Like Bad Company 2, I think 2 friends were regularly playing it on PC while there were a dozen playing on Xbox.
I hate the Xbox controllers so I dumped my Xbox....... Keyboard and mouse is all I can handle. :P
FaLLGuY
Inmate

Post by FaLLGuY »

Playing beta the large map Caspian Border is fun. :D