Welp...Lost my job of 23 years...Corporations suck.

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Iceman

Welp...Lost my job of 23 years...Corporations suck.

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Well,
After 23 years, one divorce, two marriages, 4 kids....now no job. We were just purchased by another drug company and suddenly my job no longer exists on the new org chart. Was not fired...just told to go home and I would get a check for awhile and to find a new job.

Oh well...time to start a new career. Happily recruiters are calling almost daily. Keep in mind that geek skilz in Texas are in demand luckily. I am hoping to find something good enough to save for the rest of my retirement.

If you know anyone looking here is my Linkedin professional profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-atchley/2/70/a47

Cross your fingers for me!
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

We're with you, bud.

Oh and just for the record, any business can lay you off. My first time was a tiny business of about 6 people and I got the axe a week before my wedding. No severance, either. :)
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

Hang in there, Ice. It's tough out there... good thing you're in a high-demand area for your skills.

You'll do fine, even if the road is a bit bumpy. :D
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

Dude I cant even find a job here in Beaumont, or in Houston! Every time people call,. and I tell them that I've spent 5 years working for a small company where I took 2-3 calls a week maybe for major breakfixes, they want me to have "enterprise experience" taking 30-40 calls a day.

Not one of them wants to deal with my school schedule either.

I envy you a bit Iceman
FaLLGuY
Inmate

Post by FaLLGuY »

You forgot to add on your skills list on Linkedin ........... PC Gamer. :shock:

Adding this will be a big help if you ask me. :D
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Rofl.... PC Gamer...true. :)

Starmage...just got a call from iLand.com Cloud Computing in Houston. If I get on there I will give you a holler to come work with me. :)
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

XMEN Iceman wrote: If I get on there I will give you a holler to come work with me. :)
What he means is that you'll work FOR him, and he'll pay you a pittance and make you work all the time. He's a mean bastage to work for, I've heard, and just never lets up! But in fact this whole post is BS and just because I'm obligated to give him a rough time. :)
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

There could be worse things than: "Get me a coffee! Hot, with some cream, and put some sugar in your steps!" Followed by a snarling Ice, who slaps you with a trout he had hiding in his left pants pocket and says, "You call this coffee? You get on that plane, go to Columbia, and bring me some coffee! I want to see you coming back guiding a donkey/llama/alpaca and calling yourself Juan!"
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

XMEN Iceman wrote:Rofl.... PC Gamer...true. :)

Starmage...just got a call from iLand.com Cloud Computing in Houston. If I get on there I will give you a holler to come work with me. :)
Thanks for the vote of confidence based solely on my gamer skillz :D