Sadly, it's my turn now.

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Sadly, it's my turn now.

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Not sure how else to put it so here goes: Rogue and I began divorce proceedings today. Not filed, but have hired a firm to walk us through the process, develop plans for assets and kids, and file the papers.

It wasn't any one issue; more like a general breakdown. Been seeing a counselor since January and instead of calming down, stuff escalated. A few weeks ago she told me she was done, end of story, she wants out. :(

So far things between us have been about as amicable as could be expected and we're actually still living in the same house. We've decided to use Fairway Divorce and try to keep the lawyering to a minimum since we think we can pretty much agree on things. I hope that's true. Definitely better, cheaper, and faster without courtroom battles.

I know that several of you have also been through this. I thank you for sharing your experiences here at the time. For the rest of you, I hope you never have to do this. It's certainly the worst emotional trauma I've ever experienced, and I know (thus far) it's a whole lot easier than the one Ice went through. It still feels like a nightmare you can't wake up from. I think I'm past the worst of it but will have to see. I know we'll both be grieving for a while.

Pray for us, guys. Thanks for your support.
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

O.O
Sharpster
Inmate

Post by Sharpster »

Sorry to hear it Gambit. My condolences go out to you and your family. Not an easy thing.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

:cry:

Gambit, I'm sorry to hear. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Jester
Inmate

Post by Jester »

blah, dude. Lame. Rogue? what the chuck?

so like who's going to keep coming to the forums, does this mean Rogue is gone from Xmen now?

Oh well.. pain is fleeting, happiness is hard to grasp, but at least now perhaps you'll both have a chance to pursue it?

Prayers are with you both bud
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Thanks, guys.

I'll be here as always. Rogue may or may not.

When I said we're trying to stay amicable, here's an example:
We left the Fairway office. We're near a mall she's not been to and she mentions it. So we head over there and walk around the mall talking and eating Italian ice cream. Had a fine time, but it was kind of surreal.

:? :? :? :?

Then again, we always have been kind of odd. :D
Jester
Inmate

Post by Jester »

At least Italian Ice cream is good.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Wow.. I am sorry to hear that. Marriage problems are a tough thing to get through, especially when you've been invested in the relationship that long. I do hope you can keep things amicable for your own well being, and that of the kids. Even 6 years later there's still issues with my first marriage of one sort or another. You're in our prayers here too pal.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
Gryphon
Inmate

Post by Gryphon »

Sorry to hear that :(
FaLLGuY
Inmate

Post by FaLLGuY »

Sorry to hear the news...... :? Hope it all works out for you two and the kids.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Jester wrote:At least Italian Ice cream is good.
:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

That it is.
ITIMAN
Inmate

Post by ITIMAN »

Gambit, My prayers are with you....I am sorry to hear that..
X Rogue
Inmate

Post by X Rogue »

I'm here. Just not really got much to say, folks. I'll be in and out occasionally.
Jester
Inmate

Post by Jester »

you could agree with me that Italian ice cream is good. and the new tribes is going to be sweet, and that you are looking forward to me blowing you out of the sky with a pretty blue disk?
X Rogue
Inmate

Post by X Rogue »

well, yes, Italian ice cream is good, and the new Tribes probably will be sweet. However, I can't look forward to playing with you, as I'm going to stick with LOTRO. Sorry. ;)