Sadly, it's my turn now.

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

Jester
Inmate

bah

Post by Jester »

get out of your hole Hobbit! the disk launcher beckons.
X Rogue
Inmate

Post by X Rogue »

Nah, I'll stick with Middle Earth.
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Sorry, been away for awhile. Been spending a bit of time with Gambit. He is doing OK.

I am here for ya bud. Love ya.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Quick status update:
We finished with the mediator last week and the lawyers filed the paperwork Wednesday 6/15. So, 60 days from then and it'll be final.
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

=\
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Actually not sad about it at the moment. It's a "milestone on the road to my new life," or something like that. It's not what I wanted, but since I apparently can't change it I'd like to get on with things. :)
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

:D

A positive outlook is a great thing indeed.

I know something awesome will make it's way to you.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Update.

She's moved out and is now living with her parents. I had the kids a couple of extra days and then delivered them this weekend so came home to a truly empty house (except for El Gato) tonight for the first time. Very tough weekend for me, and Rogue too. :cry: Kids seemed to be taking it fairly well.

The place is a mess from the flurry of packing and so on, trying to dig out and sort through near twenty years of accumulated stuff. I need to clean up the place, fix it up, and decide on a realtor. And figure out how do to my own shopping and cooking again. Wow.
X Rogue
Inmate

Post by X Rogue »

Gah, been babysitting nieces this week too. Moved, getting stuff in order. Tired, but not sad, just numb.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

The hearing is tomorrow (Tuesday). After that, we will be able to proceed with splitting up the retirement accounts. But at least it ends a major phase of this mess.

Preparation of the house for sale is proceeding. The house behind ours which was in foreclosure has sold. This is a good thing since it was the same basic house as this one, so less competition now. I've got the painting done on the outside, and they started work on the inside today. Another week and will be working on flooring. New stove is in place, because the old one was broken and dirty. Not the recommended way to get a clean stove but it works... :D

I'm even making progress on cleaning my office space. I've filled up my new shredder many many times now. Software is all (ok, mostly) boxed up. Books throughout the house are boxed. It's like I'm moving, before moving. Bleh. Overall though I'm very glad to be moving forward!
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

The deed is done.
XMENRudeJelly
Inmate

Post by XMENRudeJelly »

So sorry to hear, Dan. I just now figured out what's been going on with you. Even though we've been friends on Facebook for a couple of months, I didn't go back and look through your past posts until I read what you posted today about things being "final". :( I hope things start looking up for you soon.

RJ
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I remember my divorce.. It was bittersweet. Glad to have it done, but sad at the same time. Your next phase in life will be better, I promise!
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

House is up for sale! New carpet, new paint, and some other touches. And a whole lot of cleanup. Realtor was out this morning and took pictures.
Toltec

Post by Toltec »

Wow. Gambit, you and Rogue will be in my prayers. Sorry to hear about this. Good luck with the sale of the house.