Wife just started having contractions...

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Wife just started having contractions...

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

8 minutes apart. New baby on the way!
Sharpster
Inmate

Post by Sharpster »

Congrats!
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Awesome!!! our little Asha is growing up! :)

Congrats man!
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Hope all is well, Matt. Congratulations!

Nothing changes your life like kids.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

What?!?! You mean I'm supposed to grow up after having kids? Why didn't anyone tell me?

Congrats on the new little one Matt. Hope mama and baby are doing well.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

We're doing just fine.

We were shocked at a couple of things:

1, we were expecting a girl. No sonograms or anything like that, just a feeling. It was supposed to be a surprise for us; and it was!

2, My wife was in labor for about 12 hours, but she was only pushing about 10 or 15 minutes. This was nothing like with Nathan.

Everything was really smooth. We're at home now, and I've taken about 3 weeks off.

Nathan is adjusting to being a big brother in good ways. He's offered his toys to his younger brother, and offered his blanket and drinks to him, and he's even held his stuffed animals up to show them his new baby brother. And it was pretty neat when I went home after the delivery, and I got to take a shower. When Nathan woke up, we went to the hospital where my wife and mother-in-law were waiting, and Nathan kept pointing to his "big brother" on his shirt. He knew his relationship to his baby brother.

Bryan Matthew Craw was born at 1041. He was 7 lbs, 12 oz, and 19.75 inches long. He is just a tiny bit smaller than Nathan was.

We had to drive to the hospital at 0330 in the morning, and Nathan definitely was wondering what was going on. I know it was scary for him, but grandma hadn't got into town until about 15 minutes after we were at the hospital. It was crazy.

Now, we're all just adjusting to the new sleep schedule. Well, except for Nathan who is still sticking to his routine. Heh.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Glad to hear that the family is doing well. It's always fun adjusting to a new baby and the lack of sleep...
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Spinning Hat wrote:Glad to hear that the family is doing well. It's always fun adjusting to a new baby and the lack of sleep...
Au contraire. Never fun adapting to lack of sleep. :)

Yay Asha! Happy news.
X Rogue
Inmate

Post by X Rogue »

Congrats!
ATF Ravok
Inmate

Post by ATF Ravok »

That is really great Asha! Congratulations! 7lbs! That's crazy!

"Your link to missing links."