BSG - last few episodes

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

BSG - last few episodes

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Well, as expected from the previews, this week's episode focused on Boomer and Starbuck. The way events played out, I'm now fully convinced that Boomer is a Very Bad Girl. Cylon. Whatever. Hope Tyrol is convinced now too.

And Starbuck... So, is the pianoman her father, and on Galactica just a cylon-type projection/vision thing? And is her father the mysterious artist Daniel? Might explain a few things but still leaves the Viper incident as a huge question.

The Galactica looks to be in pretty bad shape. In lolspeak: I has a sad. So does Adama, to no one's surprise. There for a while with the goop and all I was wondering if we were going to start chronicling the adventures of the Basestar Galactica.
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

I have a feeling there is still a resurrection ship left over from Earth near by. Could have sworn I heard something about a colony in the talks between Cavil and Ellen, where Cavil asks her if the others know about it and she replies with a no. Could just be my imagination.

I have a feeling that your right about Starbucks Dad being the Danial model. Which would make Starbuck half human, half cylon. She would be the continuation of the Danial line. As for the Viper incident, if the Earth resurrection ship was still operational with a crew, they would have detected here, scanned the ship as well as her own being, but they downloaded her before the crash so she wouldn't remember it. They would have duplicated he viper and herself over the course of the months between her "death" and her arrival at the nebula. She was bringing the fleet the next road sign.

From the way things are playing out, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Cavil's forces pop in and during the combat Galactica is destroyed. The part about being lead by a dying leader could still be seen as the Galactica as its the leader of the fleet. Following that, she will never see the new world. I would guess that the Galactica will be destroyed in the last episode with it ending as everyone landing on a new planet to inhabit and the final truth that there were other survivors of the 13th tribe there too.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Ok, so I was poking around on YouTube and found these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouz2TUBojd8 (Starbuck remembers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka_sHy9cVH0 (Bear McCreary's brother sings All Along the Watchtower - this is the version used in the show.)

Found this one today: Bear McCreary's blog. He's done all the music for BSG since the miniseries. This episode, Someone to Watch Over Me, takes three entries in his blog and makes for fascinating reading. At least to me. Enjoy:
http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/?p=1597
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

I think Starbuck is now a Cylon.

Think about it...
ATF Ravok
Inmate

Post by ATF Ravok »

You guys are paranoid. :)

I love seeing you guys talk about the show, if I had the sci fi channel I would probably join in.

"Your link to missing links."
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

You can watch the most recent episodes here: http://www.scifi.com/rewind/?sid=32850

Probably can find others if you do an online search.

As I stated in my last post, Starbuck is only half human and half cylon. Reason being is her Dad was the Daniel model while her mother was human. Question is how did Daniel get to the Colonies? Her rebirth and return to the fleet would prove that there is another resurrection complex near by that is more advance that what the final five gave to the other cylons. As the system recreated the Viper she was flying as well as her.

Something crossed my mind the other day, if Boomer was able to fly Ellen to the fleet so easily, that means Cavil has known where it was all along. Why hasn't he attacked it for months? How is he tracking the fleet?
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

TimberWolf wrote:Something crossed my mind the other day, if Boomer was able to fly Ellen to the fleet so easily, that means Cavil has known where it was all along. Why hasn't he attacked it for months? How is he tracking the fleet?
I wondered the same thing myself last week, but that got answered this week - he knows, but wanted Hera more than the fleet's destruction. He probably wants a few other things more, too, but figures the fleet's destruction is within reach either now or later.

There's at least one other option for Kara, too. I was reading up on the spinoff series Caprica a little bit and discovered that in the process of developing the original Cylons, they also figured out how to clone a person and download their memories/personality. So she could be a clone. And we're just guessing that Daniel is her father - there's rather too many loose ends for that to be a definite. Certainly is a leading theory at this point, though.. :)
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Only 2 shows left. Tonight (checks clock - 45 mins) and next week. Although there's supposed to be a followup TV-movie thing sometime soon, which they'll probably use to bump interest in Caprica.

*watched episode*

Oooh-kay. What a nasty little trap at the end. I did like Baltar's "I wouldn't trust me either," though. :) And I'd been wondering where the chief was. Now we know.

Only a 2-hour finale left!
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Finale over. Show over (sniff).

What did you guys think?

I thought it was a good ending with the possible exception of Starbuck. Still not sure what her story is. Obviously we were set up yet again!

Ron's cameo was funny, maybe a little too obvious. Was there one of Eick, too, that I missed?

Cylon special sometime in the fall.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

My wife and I both saw it today. We both had a little sniff. :(

We both wish there were more.

**SPOILER BELOW**

I thought it was incredibly cool how the opera house and the CIC were tied together that way.

And a question: was Hendrix channeling God? :)

**END SPOILER**
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

No, Jimi channeled Dylan. Bob channeled Starbuck. :)

I was cruising through the BSG forums the other day hoping to find some words of wisdom from The Ron about Starbuck. Found this interesting conversation instead:
Q: So, what questions were you wanting resolution on again?

A: 1. Who is Starbuck?
2. What is Starbuck?
3. How is Starbuck?
4. Where is Starbuck?
5. When is Starbuck?
6. Why is Starbuck?
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

Finally got to see the end to BSG on Scifi.com. I have to say it was a fitting end that also had a very big social point to it to real life. Also it leaves me wondering what became of the Cylons that were freed as well as the remains of the other Cylons after their colony was destroyed. Then there are the obvious questions to where the Raptors and Vipers went after everyone was on the surface. Now if only the DVD sets were $20 or so a piece I could start my collection and watch the series from beginning to end during my down time after I start work in April.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Yeah, I picked up a full set on eBay. Well, except for 4.5.