Superbowl

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

Who's gonna win?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:34 pm

Arizona Cardinals
25%
Pittsburgh Steelers
13%
Advertisers
50%
The NFL
13%

Total votes: 8

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Superbowl

Post by XMEN Gambit »

It's that time of year. Whatcha think?
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

I vote advertisers. ive always watched their superbowl slots because theres usally quality entertainment there usually.
Sharpster
Inmate

Post by Sharpster »

The advertisements are always great :) But I'm hoping Warner and the Cardinals can kick some butt! (Baltimore Ravens Fan) Need I say more?
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I have to say that if I was a betting man, I'd go with he Steelers. However, the Ads are great, even if they didn't sell all the spots. :/
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I'm rooting for the underdog Cards myself. I just started watching the team in the playoffs (since the 'boys aren't in, partly due to a loss to both contenders!) and have been favorably impressed. The Steelers are tough as nails but the Cards have been fooling everyone so far, and Wisenhunt knows how they work, after all.

Basically if the Steelers physically punish them enough, I think the game goes to Pittsburgh. If they can't do that, or if the Cards can take it, Arizona wins.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Bah. The Cardinals just basically lost it for themselves in the 3rd with all the penalties.

It was a really good game, though.
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

This was the first year that I watched that I payed more attention to the game than the commercials. I don't know why there weren't any outstanding commercials this time but they seemed to have dropped the ball. Nothing stood out to me as memorable.

I was rooting for the Cards just because they were the underdogs. Granted I feel like I still won as it as a former Buckeye who got the winning catch for the Steelers.
ATF Ravok
Inmate

Post by ATF Ravok »

I really enjoyed the game, I think the commercials sucked.

It was so exciting when the Cardinals were up 23 - 20 with just a few minutes to go. For me, that was amazing. To bad they couldn't contain Holmes in that final drive.

The redzone defense on the Cardinals was excellent, holding the Steelers to two field goals instead of two touchdowns. That was very cool.

The penalties were killing me.

The Steelers showed some bad sportsmanship that night, punching players and all of that. I know the superbowl puts emotions on their end, but there's no need for that sort of thing.

I really enjoyed the game, but was sad that Kurt Warner lost. I like him a lot.

"Your link to missing links."
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Someone said they were hoping for a clean game. I snorted.

"The Steelers are in it!" says I.

Granted, there's usually someone worse, but Pittsburgh is NOT known for being kind and gentle.