The Incredible Hulk

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

The Incredible Hulk

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Go, see, enjoy! I found it rather loud, though, what with guns, explosions, screams, smashes, and roars.

Early on, Stan Lee has his standard cameo. So does Lou Ferrigno, again as a security guard like he did in the 2003 film. He also gets do the voice of the Hulk in this one, though I think there were only three or so lines. They also worked in the piano theme from the old TV show. There are probably other references sprinkled in, too, but I never really read the comics. So bear that in mind as you continue.

Can't speak too much of the plot since it's pretty simple as expected. Hey, nothing wrong with a little "Hulk smash!" One review I read described it as a superhero Bourne Identity crossed with The Fugitive. I feel like this one was much more true to our image of the Hulk than the Ang Lee film. The graphics were certainly better. I didn't have problems with the story like I did that last one. William Hurt plays General Ross very well, trying to control his supersoldier tech. Tim Roth plays power-hungry commando to the hilt. Norton and Tyler do very well together. They keep us grounded and Banner human, and they get most of the humor. Personal hangup: I've never cared particularly for Liv Tyler's overly breathy manner of speaking, since I feel like she overdoes it. There are several loose ends in the story they can continue with later, besides the one mentioned below.

A little cursing (though not much), a little blood, lots of violence with Hulk(s) smashing, natch. Bruce and Betty at one point start making out on a bed but he stops (wears a pulse monitor) and says "I can't get too excited." She asks wistfully, "Not even a little excited?"

In the last scene of the movie, Tony Stark shows up on behalf of SHIELD. "We're putting together a team," he says. Here's hoping they don't screw up the Avengers movie to come! There's no scene after the credits, but they shot some footage of Banner meeting Captain America, which was cut but is supposed to be on the DVD.

Another favorite bit: "It threw a forklift truck like it was a softball!" :)