ASUS GeForce 8800GT 512MB for $239.99

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Iceman

ASUS GeForce 8800GT 512MB for $239.99

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Of all places...DELL!

Just ordered me one as a Xmas gift to myself. :)

Here is the link. http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod ... u=A1363354

Wanted the XFX version...but lowest I have found it is $269.99, but it did come with COD4 at Newegg. That is what Hammer got.
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

I want one, but I'm dead broke and it's my CPU that's my current system bottleneck. Once I get out of college I'll be able to have a supercomputer again. :-S
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Well stupid Dell CHARGED me for the card...then notified me that it was on BACKORDER until MARCH!!! But my BANK shows they processed the charge!!!

So I canceled it. Dang it!!!
FaLLGuY
Inmate

Post by FaLLGuY »

Hammer plays still ?????? :shock:
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Maybe you can find someplace that'll pricematch?

Actually, I was looking at the reviews on, I think, [H]ardOCP, and based on their tests you get very nearly as much performance with a high-end 8600 for a whole lot less cash.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I just got my 7950GT a year ago for that price... Not a good time to push for a new video card since I just got my camera... But everything I play right now is at 1280 x 1024 @ max settings and is humming right along. :D
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Well...ended up getting the PNY version for $259. Hope to have it here next Wednesday. :)

Hopefully will get as good performance as Hammer is getting with his new setup. :)
DarkKnife
Inmate

Dell

Post by DarkKnife »

You need to be careful when Dell sends out those E-mails. If you get their deal early on before it is discovered then they will send the backorder email to everyone when they run out on paper. Then they will go through the list sending out the items in order. If you are high on the list they will ship and send you another email letting you know your product has shipped before x date on preious email. Happened with my Zune when they were on special for half price. Problem is that you cannot check when said item went on deal or what number in line you are.