Another long long night...

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Iceman

Another long long night...

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Well...got a new postion at work...Server Administrator for manufacturing plant. I am one of 4 of them.

Sunday...plant is on last day of retooling shutdown. We came in at 3 pm and installed Microsoft updates on servers and workstations until 1am Monday morning.

Monday, came in at 8am to make sure no production issues occured due to said updates. No issues. Left at 2:30, went home, slept until 6pm. Stayed up until 12amish.

Monday 3:00am - Server on line 8 production line fails to respond. Line doing a line sterilization with steam, halted. I get a call from my mgr to come in and see what is going on with the server after I can't get it to respond remotely with my laptop.
Get in...server is locked. Reboot, check response from line...production continues.

....so instead of going home...getting a few more hours of sleep I decide to go into our lab and use the quiet time to reorganize the racks and clean up.

Now to a Control-M class at 9am...meeting with boss at 10:30am...then I am out of here to get some more sleep this afternoon.

Right now I am not liking the hours this new job seems to incur. :)
DarkKnife
Inmate

Post by DarkKnife »

Could be worse try working overnight for Wal-Mart.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

I have hours like that sometimes. They come and go though. Pretty soon you'll have the bugs worked out and you won't have to do that anymore, Ice. :D
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

...restin' up for another long long night.... 'cause when the sun goes down.... we will be groovin'... when the sun goes down...

sorry.