Local radio station is having a count down. (94.9)

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

BlackRider
Inmate

Local radio station is having a count down. (94.9)

Post by BlackRider »

They have this computer voice counting:

T minus one day, sixteen hours, fourty three minutes, fifteen seconds, and counting.

and it just keeps on going..........

then all the sudden it goes:

T minus one day, sixteen hours, fourty two minutes, fourty three seconds. Oh my god, they killed Kenny.

and it keeps saying other strange things every could cycles...
like:
Hi, I'm Troy McLure. You may remember me from other countdowns such as 15 seconds to go, and Up Up and Away.
Now I know how Richard Petty feels.
I wish they all could be Californian girls.
etc.....
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

is that station going off the air, or, are they changing formats? There was a rock station up here that was changing formats, and for the last 2 days they played "this is the end of the world as we know it" over and over... it was weird.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

I think its changing ownership.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Ahh.. that would explain it. It's always fun to listen to what a station will do when something big happens to it. Some just keep on until the end, and others will do something fun and memorable because they have no reason not to.
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

most likely changing formats.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

My favorite local jazz station recently changed over to some sort of urban groove station. Not exactly hip-hop, but upbeat. Need to change my button.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

So, does that completely characterize you as officially "Old"?!?! LOL I'm ok with some Jazz, but really, I just don't get into it...
DarkKnife
Inmate

Radio Stations

Post by DarkKnife »

Yeah after they announced that they were going to shut down the Buzz here in Houston. (New Music Alternative) There was a huge fan base backlash of people writing to keep it on the air and Saved it. After that Music stations and DJ quite oftenly come to work one morning and find that theyve been fired and now their pop station is a Tehano (I know I didnt spll that right) station. Typically the listeners or DJ's get no warning.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

It's always fun to listen to the Spanish stations on the way down south, especially driving through oklahoma, Texas and New Mexico. I can't understand a word, but they sure sound excited!

On another note - A friend of mine used to work at a radio station up here, and she had a clause in her contract that if she was fired with no notice because of a format change, or whatever, she'd get compensated a very nice (think six figures) sum to move on to a new station. :D
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Hmm, nice clause! I want one of those...

Anyway, yes, I'm old. :) I didn't listen to it a lot, but sometimes I just needed a little "Smooth Jazz 107.5" for my commute, y'know? I don't mind the new format being upbeat, though. I've got two buttons for classic rock.