It's over

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

Spinning Hat
Inmate

It's over

Post by Spinning Hat »

That's right, my divorce is over. I watched the Judge sign the papers today, and I am officially divorced. The whole thing was really weird, and the feelings that accompanied all of it are strange, and a little overwhelming, so I'm taking a mental health day from work. I still get along with Jax like an old friend, which is much beter than the alternative, and we went to lunch after, because I still until today not gotten the entire story of why she wanted the divorce in the first damn place. after that, is when all the feelings realy hit, because I finally had some insight into what happened...

I don't wish this horrible proces on anyone, as I'm sure Ice will attest to this as well. If I ever get married again, I'd rather die than go through another divorce... And here I was doing so well until today....
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
-BEAST-

Post by -BEAST- »

so sorry to hear that SH. As always we are here for you.
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

SH,
I hear ya. I would rather be fried in boiling oil than go through the emotional hell that I went through.

BUT, the bright side is that you are not the issue, really. It is half and half most the time. You are a good person and will flourish. I am.

I am dating two very nice ladies right now and I am starting to appreciate that I am a person with worth. Hat, love ya man, you are going to be stronger and healthier after this is over emotionally.

I got your back covered dude.

David
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Yeah, Ice, but covered in what? Some of the possibilities don't bear thinking about. ;)

I'm sorry this happened, Hat, but I'm glad that things are final and you can really start to put it behind you. Until this point the best you can do is really just distance yourself emotionally, I would imagine. You're always welcome here, of course.
Sharpster
Inmate

Post by Sharpster »

Hey Sh, sry to here it man... Hang in there man.. many of my family have gone through it and I've seen how hard it is for everyone involved...
XMEN Iceman wrote: I am dating two very nice ladies right now and I am starting to appreciate that I am a person with worth.
And Ice... Whoa... Can I say LADIES MAN ! :P
ITIMAN
Inmate

Post by ITIMAN »

Ouch, sorry for your pain SH. I pray that you get through it. On a stress level, studies show that death and divorce number one and two for the amount of stress / emotion a person can go through...

Wishing you the best in the days/ weeks / months/ to come...

ITIMAN
X Rogue
Inmate

Post by X Rogue »

Owch, Hat. Thinking of you.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

I'm sorry that you went through all of this, SH. But I'm glad that you are looking towards the future.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Thanks guys. I'm doing better today, and yeah, I am looking forward now. It's finally over, and I can focus on my career for a while, maybe make something of myself, and maybe find someone new after a while. I guess it's not worth the lonliness to be afraid to try to love again, no?
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
ATF Ravok
Inmate

Post by ATF Ravok »

I have been single now for about oh... since you all have known me. So that's a long time. I will tell ya this, SH - pick yourself up by your bootstraps and see what you can see. Don't do what I did, don't shut it down.

I just wanted to let you know that although I enjoy my time alone, I'd be better off if I wasn't.

I know you will bounce back, tho. Best of all to you Hat.

"Your link to missing links."
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Thanks Rav. I'm doing pretty good now, keeping myself busy, and having as much fun time with the kids when I get 'em. I'm seeing this awesome girl that I've known for a long time, and it's good. If we ever have another LAN down south, I'll have to bring her with, or maybe I'll have to take a road trip for the hell of it. :D