DTM + XMEN spirit lives on

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

Scorch
Inmate

DTM + XMEN spirit lives on

Post by Scorch »

I posted this over on the old DTM forums but I don't think ut will see many eyes so I will post it here where the words won't go to waste.

as some of you know I am now playing World of Warcraft on the Shattered hand server. I have been playing for about a year now, about four months ago I joined a guild named Warcry and left due to some reasons. After that I joined Order of Heroes. That guild was disbanned Last night.

Both of these guilds claimed to be "family" guilds, and on the surface they were, but once you got into the guild and were there for about a week of so (in the case of the first guild) people stopped helping you, or even talking to you unless they 1) needed somthing or 2) made friends with you in those early days. I put many hours into helping these guilds doing what I could to further the goals of each guild.

I left the first because I never got a thank you for helping anyody, nor did I recieve any help when I needed it. So it was somewhat easy to leave the structure behind, even though I still had quite a few friends that remained there (basically half the guild jumped ship at the same time, after we discovered somthing fishy was going on with some of the stuff in the upper ranks. the specifics don't really matter)

The second was disbanded last night as I said. Each member simply tossed to the wind. the wort part is I devoted 2 months to making the guild the best it could be, I donated my time helping people, if people needed specific items that I could get I went and got them, I gave up loot to the leadership to put into the guild bank because it was what was best for the guild. The leader, most of the officers and a few select people of the Guild are reforming into a very small group of people who don't want to really do anything but hang out, but they took eeverything the rest of us worked so hard for away from us.

So yeah last night the leader disbands the guild, claiming it was effecting his real life blah blah blah and he didn't want to deal with it. So what sort of family was that? I quite haven't figured it out yet.

All I know is that the DTM as well as the XMEN have stuck together thick and Thin and though we have sort of gone our own ways going to diffrent games or stoped playing, The values and beliefs we held as a guild about friendship, fairplay and honor live on, in hopefully in each of us. I know they have in me and I wanted to thank the DTM and XMEN for showing me what a Guild SHOULD be like.

That is all - thanks for reading this and I will try to hang out here more often.
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Thanks Scorch,
We appreciate everyone that comes here for fellowship and friendship. :)

You guys and gals are my second family and have been here for me.

I love the people.

Thanks buds.

Sincerely,
David
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

Truth be told, I feel that my online friends are my best friends. I have been with LoS and fighting along side with Xmen, THZ, and others since I was in Middle School almost 7 years ago. I have moved twice and never lost contact. I had bad times and people here supported me. I had good times and shared it with others. I provided a shoulder for those who needed it, and a easy target in games for all. Personally I never see this group of friends ever seperating. We have drifted apart in games but in spirit and code of honor in gaming we will always be together.

Long Live This Friendship,
Keith
-BEAST-

Post by -BEAST- »

So true. I have been on these boards since the 7th grade(first year in college now). Even though i have moved onto diffrent games and such, i sill check here everyday to see what everyone is up to. This is a part of my life, and i dont want it any other way!
Scorch
Inmate

Post by Scorch »

7th grade to college? we've been around that long?

I'm 23 now, I was what 17-18 when I joined? or was I younger? anybody remember what year I joined?
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

You joined in like 2000. :)

We started up at the end of 1999.
X Rogue
Inmate

Post by X Rogue »

That's so sad. I was in my twenties then. :p

Seriously, great clan, d00ds.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

We would not have lasted if it weren't for the people we have.

;)
Sharpster
Inmate

Post by Sharpster »

Hmm... I've been in and out around ya'll since 2002ish ? or Early 2003.... been awhile...
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Thank you for your kind words, Scorch. I've been around since April of 2000, and between here and the DTM I've met some fantastic people who've become some of the best friends any person could have. You've all done so much for me, and helped me to grow as a person, this it's amazing. I miss the old days sometimes, when we were all playing together online, but maybe those days will come again. We've all gone through some significant life changes in the last 5+ years, and it's great that we're still here.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
FaLLGuY
Inmate

Post by FaLLGuY »

I think I'm going to cry..... :cry:
-BEAST-

Post by -BEAST- »

ok, now that we've starting talking about all the good time i think we should have another Lan or something like it. I wanna see yall again and hang out, so i'm up for anything and i'll put in some money to get it started. I know i havent seen Ice in almost a year now and thats just crazy.
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Oh yeah...I saw you strutting around at your graduation. :lol:
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Scorch, I'm glad you feel that way, and we're certainly glad to have you around as much as you like.

We're here for many reasons, and nostalgia is only one of them. :)

FG, you (and the rest of us) will feel less like crying if you will take a bath. That squitgun that Porshe hit you with on the way in wasn't water, but onion juice. Why the man can't settle for perfectly good castor oil is beyond me...
-BEAST-

Post by -BEAST- »

....i dont rember seeing you Ice. Well now that i think of it i cant rember much of that day....