!@#$ Parking companies!

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

Spinning Hat
Inmate

!@#$ Parking companies!

Post by Spinning Hat »

So, I go downtown last night after work to a bar to see a friend play, and have a couple drinks. I stopped in one of those paylots with the little payboxes, fill out all their info in extra clean and neat writing, and put exact change, in cash in the envelope and drop it in the box.

2 Hours go by, and I'm talking with my friends, looking out the window of the bar people watching, when I see this flatbed truck roll by with my car on top pf it. Now, my car is pretty unique looking, and I would know my car anywhere, and I told everyone that my car had just been towed, and nobody believed me, they thought I was joking. When I finally convinced them that this was no joke, I grabbed my jacket out of the coatcheck, and I walk to the lot. Sure enough, my car was towed. I call the place, get directions, and we go over there.

The charge? $225, cash only, show drivers' license on recipt. I was talking with a cop there and he was saying that I'm not the first one last night to have had that happen, cuz those paylots are apparently known for doing that. I'm from the damn suburbs, how would I know? So, what should have been a good fun night was turned to shit by some asshole lot attendant.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

Known for what? Towing random cars? If you paid for use of the lot and followed all of the rules, then shouldn't them having your car towed be criminal? (Unless one of the rules is: we can have your car towed because we feel like it.) :\

I guess that is why I only use lots with attendants on my downtown excursions. I like the pay as you leave system... that way, if they tow me, they don't get my money. :P
I have also been known to bum rides downtown to avoid paying parking. :)
XMEN_Hammer
Inmate

Post by XMEN_Hammer »

Taking the cash from the box then saying the owner didn't pay. Who's to say he didn't. I think they should have a camera over the pay slots so you CAN see the car owner pay or not.. So you can complain and have a small chance to prove yourself. SH is screwed unless the lot owners investigate the attendant independantly. FAT chance of that unless they receive LOTS of complaints..
Proud member ot the Soup Clan
Proud Member of the XMEN Clan
Proud Member of the Dragon Talon Mercenaries
If you run, you will only die tired.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

Yeah, I'm screwed out of this deal. Talked to the Lot owner, no record of my car even being there according to them. And I was the only one in the car when I parked. You don't see tow trucks downtown unless It's Fri. or Sat, and that's when they apparently tow cars to clear the lot to make money. There's one lot right off the Highway into downtown that I'm gonna start using, and I'll just flag a cab to get where I need to go.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10