If you get mail from my old e-mail addy...

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Ravok99
Inmate

If you get mail from my old e-mail addy...

Post by XMEN Ravok99 »

Spammers have hacked the ravok_99@yahoo.com account, so don't even look at mail from there.<br><br>I have received failed-send notices from that account, so I know "they" are using it to propogate spam.<br><br>Anyone know what I can do about it? <p>"Patience is a virtue ... for other people." -Ravok</p><i></i>
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Re: If you get mail from my old e-mail addy...

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Report it to Yahoo. They'll at least shut it down, and may even give it back to you. <p></p><i></i>
XMEN Ravok99
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ravok99 »

Been looking through everything, where do I report it to? <p>"Patience is a virtue ... for other people." -Ravok</p><i></i>
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/mail/ ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br> <p></p><i></i>
XMENRudeJelly
Inmate

Post by XMENRudeJelly »

I've been getting those too, in my Yahoo e-mail box. I don't think they're what you think they are. The ones in my mailbox usually have a virus attached to them. I think it's a clever new method to get the gullible to open a message and an attachment to plant a virus.<br><br>They may not have hacked your mailbox at all. They also may simply be using your e-mail address in their reply-to field as they send out spam.<br><br>Just a thought. <p></p><i></i>
XMEN Iceman

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Actually the virus is spoofing addresses off of other machines. We are being innondated right now by false emails coming from outside servers, etc. <br><br>Your email box is probably not compromised, just the virus has picked up your addy and is using it with millions of others to spread itself. <p></p><i></i>
XMEN Ravok99
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ravok99 »

Thanks guys - this yahoo addy has been with me since 98, and I have stored some old mails on it . . . besides, everyone I know knows they can reach me with this address. <br><br>I would hate to lose it.<br><br> <p>"Patience is a virtue ... for other people." -Ravok</p><i></i>