Microsoft, SCO, and control of your desktop

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Microsoft, SCO, and control of your desktop

Post by XMEN Gambit »

<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?stor ... 1013756776" target="top">It's a long read</a><!--EZCODE LINK END-->, but what it amounts to is that MS is making it harder and harder to use something other than Windows and Microsoft applications. If you thought they played hardball before, you ain't seen nothin' yet. The article makes it very clear how MS is going about it. There are plans to lock your hardware into Windows, force applications developers to pay MS for developing their own software that simply accesses files in MS format, and lots more.<br><br>It makes a very good business case for users and business to get out of the MS trap NOW, while you can, before Longhorn and other items come together like a vise around your wallet, not to mention simple innovation.<br><br>You can't say you weren't warned. <p></p><i></i>
XMEN Ravok99
Inmate

Re: Microsoft, SCO, and control of your desktop

Post by XMEN Ravok99 »

Yep - doomsayers have been attempting to warn people for a long time coming. So far, the companies tried to say, "Oh no, we are the good guys. We just want to bring a better universal code to the PC and mass market."<br><br>Total garbage. Possession is still 9/10 of the law. They want as much of the pie as they can get. Mom and pop programmers will be assimilated as much as possible.<br><br>Its the Way of the Corporation. <p>"Patience is a virtue ... for other people." -Ravok</p><i></i>