Sci-Fi channel suing NASA?

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Sci-Fi channel suing NASA?

Post by XMEN Gambit »

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/space/10/2 ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Seems they want to get some documentation regarding a 1965 incident in Kecksburg, PA, where a fireball fell into (landed in?) the nearby forest. The area was quickly cordoned off by the military. Helicopters, trucks, etc. But no other news ever emerged.<br><br>So, should the government produce documentation on this, or should Sci-Fi leave an already troubled agency alone? If Sci-Fi wins, will we get the real story anyway, or something made-up? Or just a heavily-edited version with three blacked-out pages for every clear one?<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Re: Sci-Fi channel suing NASA?

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

Something that people don't realize is that when the military loses a plane or satellite, they go to the area ASAP to secure the site.<br><br>I can easily see a military satellite falling and them wanting to secure it. Radiation poisoning could easily occur with some of the things that satellites carry (not just military ones either).<br><br>But all the military has to say is that it was a military satellite and people that were on the recovery team may talk.<br><br><br><br>Personally, I think that if the military recovered the thing, that NASA would not be keeping it. The military has heavily criticized NASA for lax security. If NASA got to it, I would ask why NASA was spending money on that. The people they should be approaching are the Air Force. <p></p><i></i>