Battlefield 2142 DEMO is OUT....on Bittorrent!

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

MegaDeath70
Inmate

Post by MegaDeath70 »

just make a new one. Duh ! :roll:
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

I had the same problem dude. I believe its because of my BF2(demo) account. I ended up registering Starmage2142 as an account name. My soldier is still Starmage21 though.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

I did try a new one, or try to. Many new ones. Ones that no one would possibly have chosen previously (which is why the details couldn't be found). What I finally did was go to ea.com, click "get into EA nation" at the top right, and attempt to create an account there. I got all the same responses. However, I got additional "suggestions" based on the name I'd put in. I picked one of those, and it worked. Then I was able to use that account in the demo.

In the demo, I'm finding the infantry underpowered against vehicles. There are additional weapons, but you can't unlock them, etc. Titan mode seems more frantic than regular mode, not that that's a bad thing. It's a little choppy on my, what, 2-3 year old PC (heh). Probably ought to turn the graphics down a bit. :)

Overall, I'm not itching for this one, but would find it an acceptable game and might play it a lot with friends.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

Downloading it now. Might not get to play it till after I get back from my trip. :D
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

XMEN Gambit wrote:I did try a new one, or try to. Many new ones. Ones that no one would possibly have chosen previously (which is why the details couldn't be found). What I finally did was go to ea.com, click "get into EA nation" at the top right, and attempt to create an account there. I got all the same responses. However, I got additional "suggestions" based on the name I'd put in. I picked one of those, and it worked. Then I was able to use that account in the demo.

In the demo, I'm finding the infantry underpowered against vehicles. There are additional weapons, but you can't unlock them, etc. Titan mode seems more frantic than regular mode, not that that's a bad thing. It's a little choppy on my, what, 2-3 year old PC (heh). Probably ought to turn the graphics down a bit. :)

Overall, I'm not itching for this one, but would find it an acceptable game and might play it a lot with friends.
I played the beta(and beta2) bro, and seriously there are some NICE weapons to unlock against the vehicles. With any of them though, the key is that you hit them in the rear. All vees have the rear armor weakness.
Toltec

Post by Toltec »

DLing the demo off BT now. I am assuming this thing requires high speed like BF42 and BF2. If so, I am moving in 3 weeks and will be moving to the land of 56k until cable gets out my way. no chance on DSL there. So, probably will not buy.
DarkKnife
Inmate

BF 2142

Post by DarkKnife »

I like it. I like it alot.
There a few problems I'd like to have addressed like when Im defending a titan console laying down sniping nmy coming down the tunnel I 'ghosted' through the hull and went into a free dive to the ground. Decided against parachuting in order to respawn at titan. Thats happened to me twice.
Secondly... How do I approach this. Grenades should not be an unlock.. At least basic frag grenades. I mean come on.. Im sitting there defending the titan again and I see several guys poke their heads around the corner... I know theyre just gathering to rush me but theres not a thing I can do about it like say toss a grenade around the corner theyre all looking at.
Overall though im getting it whenever I can.
XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Grenades should not be an unlock
Heck yeah! OTOH, the other guys don't have 'em either.

I kind of like the "pick your kit" thing. Will be interesting to see how that plays out. I wish they wouldn't lock you into a skillset, and let you move your unlocks around. Like the first BF2 unlock I got, I chose support because I played it a lot. Now I don't, so I'd like to swap out for something I DO play. Obviously you don't want to let peeps be swapping unlocks around every map, so maybe you can redeem one unlock every week, with an additional point penalty? Wrong forum, I know.. Hey, Starmage, want to submit that? :D
Starmage21
Inmate

Post by Starmage21 »

the unlocks come out relatively quick. I dont think you guys will be disappointed.

As far as falling through the titan is concerned, It usually only happens when you die, your view drops through. Ive never had it happen to me(even in beta), but im sure they know about it.
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

I played it for about 20 minutes on Saturday, ahd some sound issues, but I can tweak that a bit. Overall, I like it, but haven't had a chance to play it a whole lot yet. I'm probably gonna buy it.
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Doesn't work on Win2k Pro. :(
Spinning Hat
Inmate

Post by Spinning Hat »

:( That sux0rs.. time to upgrade Asha.. this may be the last chance you get before you get married! :lol:
"Never, Never, Never quit." - Winston Churchill
"Men don't like to cuddle. They only cuddle if it leads to.. You know.. Lower cuddling." - Ray Romano
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck." - Ricky, age 10
DarkKnife
Inmate

BF2142

Post by DarkKnife »

My only other problem is the dead bodies rolling on the Titan when its moving. I know this is due to the moving Titan and the bodies trying to stay in the same place but man it looks weird. Dead bodies need to stay put.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

That's a relatively easy fix: they just need to anchor the bodies to the Titan's scene node. Interesting bug though...

I'll see what I can do about Win2k to WinXP. My work has a program where I can get discounts. I just don't know about WinXP. I never liked it much. :(
Sharpster
Inmate

Post by Sharpster »

I downloaded it, but now I have a problem.. It gives me an error message that says "This Application failed to start because d3dx9_29.dll cannont be found. Reinstalling may fix this problem" I reinstalled twice... no luck... Can anyone shed some light on this ?